Oh, cookie love for another snowy day in Maine. These little French cookies are perfect out of the oven-- soft & fluffy.
coconut & almond madeleine cookies.
makes 20-24 cookies
Adapted from Barefoot in Paris
1 stick of unsalted butter, melted & cooled
3 free range eggs, beaten
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup white rice flour (I like Koda Farms brand)
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour Madeleine pans.
- In a large bowl beat butter & sugar, until creamy. Add eggs & beat another 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together flours, starch, baking powder, & salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients just until combined. Fold in coconut.
- Add 1 TBL of dough to pan molds. Bake for 10-12 until the edges are just golden & the cookie springs back to the touch.
- Cool in the pans for 2-3 minutes. Pop out of molds & cool on racks. You can serve with confectioner's sugar if you like.
happy eatings & cheers!