16 April 2013

beet & avocado salad. {grain-free & vegan}






16 April 2013

Here is a delicious, dead simple salad from Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook It's All Good. I have been working my way through it, and have no complaints so far. I have made the Thai chicken burger twice...they are packed with delicious flavor. Besides, who doesn't love a burger? It really is all good!

beet & avocado salad.
Recipe from It's All Good

dressing: I found that this was way too much dressing for my preference, so I only used half on the beets. It is delicious, so the rest of it will be perfect on a nice, bitter greens salad. You could even whisk in some honey for a honey-Djion thing...

2 TBL Djion mustard
3 TBL white wine vinegar
2/3 olive oil
sea salt & cracked pepper

  1. Whisk together in a bowl. 
salad:
1 lb. beets (steamed or roasted), roughly diced
1 avocado, diced
2 scallions (white & light green parts only), sliced
  1. Toss the beets in with the dressing. Put on a serving platter. Scatter avocado & scallions on top. Serve immediately. 
happy eatings & cheers!

No comments: