04 February 2015

chocolate & banana ice cream. {grain-free & vegan}


4 February 2015

Usually cold, snowy February evenings do not warrant ice cream, but this incredibly simple and delicious banana ice cream recipe was screaming to be shared (You see what I did there: You scream, I scream, we all scream...yeah, I know. I will not do it again.).  What I am trying to say is that, within 30 seconds your sad frozen bananas are transformed into a velvety delight. You can add any beloved flavorings to the whipped banana or eat it as is and enjoy immediately or store it in the freezer.

I believe that when snow has been continuously falling, a little taste of summer is quite welcome at my house. I hope that you partake with me the enjoyment of watching the surprising process and savoring the sweet flavors of ice cream on a cold winter day. 


Chocolate & Banana Ice Cream.
make 1 pint 
Inspired by the One Ingredient Chef

3 bananas, peeled, sliced or broken apart, and then completely frozen (the more ripe, the better)
1/4 cup cocoa or raw cacao powder
2 TBL maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract

  1. Add the frozen bananas into your food processor. Blitz for about 45-60 seconds (this makes a lot of noise at first, but do not be alarm!). At this point, the bananas should be fully blended into a smooth, creamy, and light frozen dessert. 
  2. Add the cocoa, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pulse a few times to blend the ingredients. 
  3. Be careful not to over-process or the friction from the processor will begin to melt the ice cream. 
  4. You can enjoy this dessert right away for best results, but it will also freeze well for a day or two. Easy as that!

happy eatings & cheers!

No comments: