21 November 2014

Thanksgiving. Menu Inspiration.


21 November 2014

The autumn chill has surrendered itself to winter frost, the days feel infinitely shorter, and vivid colors of the world have been replaced by a neutral palate. Store fronts and TV screens have long indicated that the holidays are approaching with gusto, and indeed they have. Thanksgiving is less than a week away, and as I write this, feelings of gratitude overwhelm me.

Last week was my 30th birthday. It left me feeling astonishingly youthful, yet at the same time like some one who has experienced many lifetimes before. Decades act as milestones that allow us to reflect on what we have done and what we plan on doing until the next one. That being said, I'm still not quite sure if I have a path laid out-- its not really my style. One thing is for certain, though. Throughout my life, I have been fortunate and honored to be surrounded by so much love. This year I am truly thankful for all the people over the past 30 years that have helped me to understand what it means to be thoughtful, kind, patient, and confident. These people are my teachers and my inspiration, and without them, I wouldn't be the woman I am today.

This year as you gather around the table with friends, family, or even strangers-- I hope that you have a memorable day, that you learn something new, and that you have a sublime meal.

Below are some favorite recipes that would be delightfully welcomed at any table I sat at this time of year and hope they lend inspiration to your dinner menu.


From we eat. happy.




From Out & About. 



happy eatings & cheers!

*photo by Jediah Scott: Top of the World

No comments: