09 April 2012

apple, toasted walnut & feta salad.



9 April 2012

This is another quick one. As you can tell, my Spring semester is winding down & the last thing I need is complicated food. I just need to stay healthy, but enjoy my food experience too. I made this for lunch, I just love the combination of salty & sweet (like in my obsession with kettle corn!). 

apple, toasted walnut & feta salad.
For the dressing I just used Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette. I keep one store-bought dressing handy for when I am in a rush; but making one is very simple, you could try my go-to dressing if you have the extra few minutes. 

1 head of romaine lettuce, washed & chopped
1 apple (I used pink lady), washed & diced
4 scallions, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (I used a local variety from Pineland Farms)
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped & toasted
4 TBL balsamic vinaigrette

--Toss together in a large bowl. Enjoy.

happy eatings & cheers!

No comments: