17 March 2013

day 1. detox.

chicory salad with jasmine tea
Okay, so here's the deal. Back at the beginning of the year I did a detox/ cleanse, but honestly, I half-a**ed it. I did great with the food part, but not so much with the wine part, and that kind of defeats the purpose of a detox right? Plus I only did it for 14 days, whereas this time I will do the 21 day detox like I did back in the fall (which was amazing).

So anyway, I am half way through my final semester of my undergraduates program, I am exhausted, and feel not-so great. I am ready to be committed, so that I can push through until the end of the semester without completely losing my mind.

I will update you everyday, even if it is just a quick pic. The recipes, snack options & meals I share will be delicious, even if you are not detoxing.

lunch. chicory salad.
serves 2

1/2 head of leafy chicory, leaves torn
1/2 avocado, diced
1 small cucumber, diced
1 small carrot, peeled & then peeled into ribbons
1/4 of an apple, peeled into ribbons
1 TBL sunflower seeds, toasted
1 TBL of detox house dressing for each person

  1. Toss all ingredients together in a serving bowl.

detox house dressing:
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 TBL raw honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
a pinch of sea salt & cracked pepper

  1. Put ingredients in a mason jar with a tight fitting lid & shake vigorously. 
happy eatings & cheers!


No comments: