Here is another fun recipe from the Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook. This is a super easy, yummy little desert that is perfect for a little dinner party. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, & has a very simple vegan option, so all around, it is a safe bet for people with dietary concerns.
Although this looks like a couple of steps, it is really as simple as tossing some ingredients into a food processor.
lemon cremes with oat-thyme crumble.
from the Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook
- Wrap the tofu between a few layers of paper towels and set aside to drain for about 10 minutes. In a food processor, or in a bowl with a whisk and a good amount of elbow grease, combine tofu, cornmeal, salt, honey, lemon zest and lemon juice. Blend until completely smooth, about 1 minute if you’re using a good processor.
- Divide the mixture among four small bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours. This step can be done up to a day in advance.
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, sugar, salt, shredded coconut, and thyme leaves. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Toss to coat and moisten all of the ingredients. Spread in the prepared baking sheet and bake until dry, just toasted, and fragrant, about 20 minutes. Set aside to cook.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove chilled cremes from the fridge and top generously with cooled crumble topping. Garnish with a few fresh thyme leaves and serve.
- Puddings will last up to three days, covered in the fridge. You may find that water separates a bit from the prepared pudding. Just stir before serving.
happy eatings & cheers!