Here's a quick & easy one to enjoy the flavors of the season! I wouldn't necessarily say this is "bikini-friendly" but the tomato-wine broth with gooey mozzarella...is pretty good.
summer tomato soup with peas & rigatoni.
makes 2 main courses or 4 starters
1/4 cup olive oil
5-6 vine-ripened tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup white wine
sea salt & cracked pepper
- Add ingredients except wine, in a medium stockpot over medium-low heat. Simmer until the tomatoes begin to break apart (about 10 minutes).
- Add wine, bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes.
1/2 lb. fresh rigatoni or your favorite tubular pasta (or GF dried pasta cooked al dente)
3/4 cup fresh peas (or frozen is fine too)
- Meanwhile, bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil & add the rigatoni & peas. Boil for 2-3 minutes until al dente.
- Drain, then put into bowls for serving.
a handful of basil, torn
1/2 cup mascarpone
- Add basil & mascarpone to the wine-broth. Then ladle over the pasta.
- Add a slice of fresh mozzarella on top & season to taste. Eat warm or even at room temperature.
happy eatings & cheers!