23 February 2012

girls night in.



23 February 2012

Last night I was up to my own devices. For dinner I made tomato basil risotto. Risotto is one of my favorite, favorite meals. This recipe is from Jamie Does...The basic risotto recipe (or risotto bianco) is here, on Jamie Oliver's website.

Tomato Basil Sauce.

olive oil
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
4 basil leaves, finely chopped
sea salt & cracked pepper
--Add to a pan on medium-low heat for about 5-8 minutes. 
--Add to the risotto bianco in the end stage (when you add the butter & parmesan).

For a side, I popped some asparagus under a preheated broiler with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, maldon sea salt, cracked pepper & finished with a squeeze of lemon. Cook until tender & golden, less then 10 minutes.

I blasted some Adele (her album 21) while I made dinner. Her songs are so addicting & her voice is so killer. Side note: She is also on the cover of the March 2012 issue of Vogue.

With a glass of white wine in hand, I watched Jean Luc Goddard's Pierrot le fou. The French New Wave film is like a Post-Structuralist Bonnie & Clyde with dreamy Southern France landscapes & blissful color imagery. Plus, Anna Karina's wardrobe is enviable & completely adorable. 

happy eatings, listenings, watchings & cheers!

No comments: