19 December 2011

orange cat cafe. kingfield, maine.

19 December 2011

This morning we woke up to the coldest morning this season & the power out. I will admit, when I know there is no coffee in my immediate future upon waking up-- I'm pretty darn grumpy. So we bundled up & took the pups for a walk along the river to eat ice & roll around in the frost (that is what they did--I am not making it up!). 

When we got back, the power was still off. So, I forced Jediah into going 20 miles North to Kingfield (only in Maine do you have to drive that far to get a coffee if the power is out). There is a great breakfast/lunch cafe called the Orange Cat Cafe. Everything is homemade, lots of local ingredients, locally roasted coffee from Carrabassett Coffee Roasters. This morning--since it was more lunch time--we shared a homemade apple fritter & the Surefire sandwich. It was stuffed with roasted turkey, creamy avocado, tomato, red onion, this AMAZING chipotle mayonnaise--all on homemade multi-grain bread. They also have the yummiest salsa. Their menu changes, but they do have a basic one listed on their website

We usually go here on our way back from SugarLoaf as it is only 15 miles from the mountain. If you are ever in the area--definitely check it out.  I have been looking for an excuse to pop in for a while-- so I guess it worked out all-in-all because by the time we came home our bellies were full, our veins caffeinated & the power was on.

happy eatings & cheers!

1 comment:

JeNiKa29 said...

Love stopping by your blog. It makes me feel closer to you and Jediah and the pups when I can't see you! I love you guys so much and am looking forward to spending time with you for the holidays!