30 July 2013

five day challenge. gluten-free & vegan. breakfast.





For those of you who follow the blog, you know that I try to eat gluten-free the majority of the time, but I am not a vegan (I eat poultry & seafood). In an attempt to drop a few unwanted summer pounds, I decided to give myself a little food challenge. And, why not? This time of year the fruits & veggies are abundant, so it shouldn't be too boring. Besides veggies, there are all sorts of grains & legumes to eat...it should be a cinch to forego all those summer grilled meats.

I decided to share my favorite new breakfast. Sure, a kale shake sounds really sad, but I really love it. Give it a shot. I have also made it with spinach which is just as good.

kale & almond shake.
It's All Good by Gwyneth Paltrow
serves 1


1 cup of kale leaves, stems discarded
1 cup of almond milk
5 raw almonds (I soak mine)
1 date, roughly chopped
1 TBL almond butter
1 TBL coconut oil

  1. Add all of the ingredients into a blender & blitz until completely smooth.
happy eatings & cheers!

No comments: