|Turner. The Slave Ship. 1840...Pictures don't give this paint justice...|
|Barrias. Nature Reveling Herself Before Nature. 1899.|
|This was in the Contemporary gallery...I missed the artists name. Still cool giant shadow box anyway.|
|Quentin Massys. Madonna of the Cherries. 15thc.|
|English artist from the 19th century...sorry I forgot his name!|
|Barbana de Modena. Madonna and Child. 1360s.|
|I forget the artist...but this is in the Contemporary gallery.|
|piece from MFA's Blue & White gallery...|
|Avocado & cucumber maki roll w. seaweed salad. March outdoor picnic.|
Day 8. Maine Maple Sunday...I had to celebrate.
appropriately detox almond-coconut pancakes with berry syrup.
The ingredients are not necessarily not-detox, I just don't think you are supposed to eat pancakes.So delicate & fluffy. SO much better than a shake for breakfast!
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup white or brown rice flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
a pinch of sea salt
1 cup of coconut milk (from a can)
1 TBL olive oil
- Mix ingredients together, careful to not over mix... this batter will be a little thicker, no worries.
- Heat a pan or griddle over medium heat. Add a bit of oil & ladle about 3 TBL of batter in the pan for each cake...do as many that will fit in the pan.
- When you see bubbles (about 2 minutes), flip pancakes over for another minute. Remove pancakes to a plate and serve with which ever option you desire.
- You can keep the pancakes warm in a 200 degree oven. Serving with berry syrup.
makes approx. 1 cup
1 cup blueberries and raspberries
3 TBL Maine maple syrup or agave syrup
- Add ingredients in a small pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 5-6 minutes until the syrup has thickened a bit.
my two wild & crazy dogs.
|images from Jediah's tumblr.|
happy eatings & cheers!