03 February 2013

sweet sesame broccoli salad.


January flew by. I can't believe we are already venturing into the short month of February. It will be spring before I know it (yay! asparagus!).

While I am in classes, I like to have salads like this, & bean dips, packed in the refrigerator for a quick bite. This is a twist on my usual broccoli salad. It is a bit lighter, & the dressing is awesome. It would be perfect on some greens with grilled chicken.

sweet sesame broccoli salad.
serves 4

2 crowns broccoli, cut up into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup apple, diced
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 TBL toasted sesame seeds

  1. Toss broccoli, apple, onion & sesame seeds in a large bowl. Toss with dressing.
dressing:
4 tsp. tamari
4 tsp. rice vinegar
4 tsp. raw honey
2 tsp. chili-sesame oil
cracked pepper

  1. Add ingredients into a mason jar & shake vigorously. 
happy eatings & cheers!



No comments: