|a super cute card from mum...the rabbit's name is Rebecca too.|
Here is a simple, lovely dessert...perfect for Valentine's Day. This is another winning recipe from Sprouted Kitchen. It really is quite easy, although it appears to be decadent. There are a few bowls involved, but nothing major. When I made these, Jediah scarfed one down as soon as he walked in the door because he could smell them before he even reached the apartment. Yeah, they are good. A perfect mix between a pudding & a sponge.
flour-less banana chocolate pudding cakes.
adapted from the Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 very ripe bananas
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 c natural cane sugar or coconut sugar
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter (6) six-oz ramekins and set aside.
- Combine chocolate in a heat proof bowl on top of a pot of simmering water. Make sure the bowl does not touch the water. Stir with a spatula until melted & creamy, 8 minutes. Set it aside to cool slightly. This process will also temper the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas very well. Add the egg, vanilla, cane sugar & salt. Stir to combine. Gently incorporate the melted chocolate until combined.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites with a hand-held mixer or in a stand mixer on high-speed until they form firm peaks. This will take a few minutes. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture in a few big sweeps to avoid deflating the egg whites. It’s okay if some streaks remain in the batter.
- Divide the mixture among the ramekins and place in a 9×13 pan. Fill the pan with boiling water that reaches about half way up the sides of the ramekins. Bake 20-22 minutes, until the tops of the cakes are set.
- I served mine with Fage 0% Greek yogurt, but whipped cream or whipped coconut milk would work too.
happy eatings & cheers!