It has been a while since my last post. Such a bummer, right? Classes have been crazy, I am trying to ward off sickness (which is like the plague right now) and we just did a super quick visit to Portland over the weekend. Whew!
Here is a recipe for some autumn inspired cookies. Hope everyone is well and enjoying life.
chocolate chip pumpkin cookies.
makes 2 dozen
2 1/2 cups spelt flour
1 TBL baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
a pinch of sea salt
- Sift together in a medium bowl.
4 TBL butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat butter for about 3 minutes. Add sugar. Then eggs one at a time.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and pumpkin puree and vanilla.
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Fold chocolate into the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter on parchment. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on baking racks. Optional...drizzle with a blend of powdered sugar, maple syrup & nutmeg glaze...
happy eatings & cheers!