29 June 2012

asian-inspired tacos.








This is, like, the ultimate drunk food--& I wasn't even drunk when I made or ate these! Oh, that HUGE Bud, that was Jediah's work station.

The flavor of these tacos are so lovely--I just can't get enough. I am not quite sure why I dreamed this up, it is not a traditional dish by any means-- I guess I was just imagining it would be a great food truck item or something...Which I have been really into lately. First the khao man gai idea, then when I went to Greenville, ME there was an awesome crepe truck (yup, in Greenville! More on that later.). So anyway, I always dig the Asian ginger, chili & garlic combo--so I thought why not?!

Asian-inspired tacos. 

1 lb. ground free-range turkey (dark meat)
3 TBL sweet & spicy ginger chili sauce (here I used the sauce from the khao man gai)
2 TBL garlic, grated
2 TBL ginger, grated
1 TBL tamari or soy sauce
1 TBL olive oil
1 tsp. sesame oil
sea salt & cracked pepper
  1. Add all ingredients into large pan on medium high heat. Cook until the turkey is cooked through--about 7-8 minutes). It should smell awesome too.


for the salad:

3 cups green cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
1/2 cup pear, cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup red onion, sliced
the juice of 1 lime
sea salt & cracked pepper
  1. Mix ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. This would also work as a great spring-roll filling.

sesame-soy cream:

1/4 cup sour cream or creme fraiche
1 TBL tamari or soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
  1. Mix ingredients together in a small bowl.


thai sriraja sauce
corn tortillas, warmed in a pan (about 20 seconds per side)
  1. Lay your warm tortillas flat, spread on a small spoonful of the sesame-soy cream, then a bit of the cabbage salad & a bit of the turkey. Drizzle a little of the sweet & spicy sriaja sauce & tuck in.


happy eatings & cheers!

No comments: