11 January 2012

coconut almond macarons. {gluten-free & vegan}




11 January 2012

Now that the New Year is upon us, I am trying to loose a little of the holiday excess--like I am sure many of us are. I was hankering a little something sweet, so when I am trying to avoid wheat & dairy, I like to make these cookies. I mean, I make them anyway just because they are good & easy & do not require many ingredients. This makes about 10-12 cookies & the do not last long at all in my house.

coconut almond macarons.

2 organic egg whites
1/2 cup confectioners sugar or organic sugar
pinch of sea salt
1 tsp amaretto (or pure vanilla extract)
1 3/4 cups shredded coconut
1/4 slivered almonds

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk egg whites until a little fluffy. Add sugar & salt. Gently fold in the rest of the ingredients. 
  3. Wet hands & form small balls or mounds with the dough. The dough will be a little a moist. Place 1" apart on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until golden.
  4. Let cool for 2-3 minutes on the sheet, gently transfer to a baking rack.

happy eatings & cheers!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the dishes ... haven't found any leftover cookies yet. i love. coconut.

Unknown said...

Oh, the guys ate these in ALL in less than 10 minutes. I am not kidding.