19 May 2011

somewhere. a film by sofia coppola.


19 May 2010

I just watched Sofia Coppola's new film Somewhere. The film is a portrait of a Hollywood "bad boy", his everyday life & his relationship with his young daughter. The main characters Johnny & Cleo are played by Stephen Dorff & Elle Fanning. The majority of the film takes place at the Chateau Marmont; which becomes a character of its own. I will not say too much about the film because I think it stands for itself but Coppola has an amazing way of telling a story in an honest, quiet way; she writes unique & truthful female characters that most of Hollywood hardly writes.

As far as food goes (which is always on my mind)...the character Cleo makes Eggs Benedict for breakfast. I felt hungry just watching her assemble them...the hollandaise sauce, the perfectly snipped chives... yum.

happy eatings & cheers!




No comments: