23 October 2012

cashew & sesame rice balls.












My newest obsession--rice balls! I have already made these twice this week. They are tasty, simple to prepare & good for the go or for a get- together. I got this rice ball recipe from Heidi Swanson's blog, 101 Cookbooks. The only things I changed was instead of brown short-grain rice, I used white sushi rice and instead of almonds, I used toasted cashews. Otherwise I just followed her simple recipe & technique. Even Jediah made some--it is actually kind of fun. The dipping sauce is tamari (or soy sauce) with a splash of rice vinegar & some sliced scallions.

Another filling option that I did was diced cucumbers wrapped in 1/4" thick strips of nori. It had a very California roll-like taste. The possibilities are endless.


Jenika & I (Jediah too because I usually cook for him) are eating (more) clean for about 20 days & these little treasures fit the bill. These are perfect for lunch with some miso soup. There will be more recipes to come on the "clean diet" front...

happy eatings & cheers!

No comments: