17 August 2012

sweet potato & goat cheese omelette.


This is a left-overs miracle. Especially in the morning when coffee hasn't quite gotten your creative juices flowing yet. Here I used the left over sweet potatoes & avocado salsa from my last post, the black bean & sweet potato burrito bowl to round-out this delish omelette. A few years ago I watched Jamie Oliver's how-to video on making a perfect omelette & it changed my culinary life--I know that sounds dramatic, but really. An omelette is simple, versatile & really perfect when you get it down.

Follow Jamie's basic recipe, add 1/4 cup of steamed & mashed sweet potato & 2 TBL of soft goat cheese for the filling. Top with the simple avocado salsa & you're "laughin'" (as Jamie Oliver would say). 

happy eatings & cheers!

No comments: