02 August 2013

portland maine. favorites.


I have lived in Maine for about 10 years now, but I am relatively new to the Portland area. Needless to say, it has been a blast exploring what the city has to offer & I thought I would share with you some of my favorite places so far.

PLACES TO EAT
I always start with food first, because it is closest to my heart & always on my mind.

breakfast.



lunch.



drinks & dinner.


markets.



PLACES TO EXPLORE
I am learning more & more how beautiful Maine is, how much it has to offer, & how happy I am that I get to spend my days here.

the great outdoors.

  • Peak's Island: only a 17 minute ferry ride from the Old Port...it's truly magical spot
  • Ocean State Park Beach in Saco: just a few miles south of Old Orchard Beach, it's quiet & quaint
  • Eastern Prom: for picnics, live music, & people watching (like Parisian flaneurs!)
  • Portland Trails: for day hikes, walks, & biking

museums.



for the dogs.




PLACES TO SHOP
These are a few places I like to go that aren't too touristy.




LINKS!
Here are some of the websites & lists that have helped me (and still are) explore the area:

  • 3191 Miles Apart: Blog about two women, one in Portland, ME, the other in Portland, OR
  • Map & Menu: Blog of a relatively new Portlander's food adventures.
  • Maine. Mag: Travel a Maine city or town in 48 hours
  • Creative Portland: Info on connecting with local Portlanders & visiting

No comments: