27 June 2012

my summer list.


favorite summer foods.

Strawberries. Pike's strawberries from here in Farmington. They are little bursts of sunshine.

Fulfilling salads. Checkout my summer salad favorites for some easy, minimal cooking, meals everyone will like.

Tomatoes. I use cherry tomatoes to make a lovely sauce that is perfect on zucchini, eggplant or pasta. It also freezes nicely so if you have an abundance of cherry tomatoes--go for it & make a big batch. 

adult beverages.


Brews. This summer I am not only in love with the label of The Atlantic Brewing CO.'s Summer Ale, but the the taste just says summer.


A Versatile Wine. A Verdejo form Spain is always lovely in the summer. It is light, not too sweet & usually reasonably priced.


Getting Creative. Jediah uses this lovely pitcher filled with ice to keep his over-sized beer cool. I have even stolen the idea, but with a different pitcher--I don't want to be a hater.

sunscreen & beach garb.




Sunscreen is an absolute must, not only in the summer, but throughout the whole year. Since my skin is super sensitive, I usually opt for something labeled "baby," like this one from Aveeno.

Protecting my lips is also key, so I have been using Kiss My Face Lip Balm with SPF15 in a minty flavor.

I also opted for a classic black one-piece LLBean bathing suit this year.

This last picture is of my new favorite summer hair...first of all, thanks mom for helping execute it, second of all it is easy after a couple of tries. I got the idea from the Madewell Blog where they show you how to do it. 


my must-see summer flicks.

Moonrise Kingdom directed by Wes Anderson

To Rome with Love directed by Woody Allen. 

The Dark Night Rises directed by Christopher Nolan.

Lawless directed by John Hillcoat

it's the time-of-the-season for outdoor concerts. we all have to get to a few...

Backstage at a moe. concert. 

most importantly, summer is an excuse to spend more time with people I xoxo.






happy summer & cheers!

No comments: